with every no comes a better yes

HI - it's Friday and it's my weekend. My day consisted of coffee, a late birthday ice cream date, napping, and more coffee. I think I was made for the weekends.  

It's nearing the end of February and I've seen more sunshine the past two weeks than I could ever have dreamed of during Winter. I'm not mad about it. In fact, it probably tops as one of my favorite things - especially when the sun is setting. I know, not much has changed.

Actually, quite a lot has changed. I'm an administrative assistant and I'm 20 years old. Never would I have imagined myself having an office at this age. It was something that I always pretended to have as a child. I'd rummage through the garbage can in my dad's office pulling out old envelopes and junk mail. I had to make sure everything was in perfect order, color coordinated and in files. I even asked for office supplies for Christmas one year. Now I'm an adult and doing those things in real life. In fact, I just got a brand new office last week and got to order my very own office supplies. Who knew that gold staplers and drawer organizers could make someone so happy?! It's pretty hilarious and possibly my favorite thing in life. I think God set me up.

2015 has been nothing short of WOW. I never pictured it looking like it does, and I'm loving it. It's simple - I'm growing in my practical skills and gifts on a daily basis at work and am doing way more than I ever thought I was capable of doing. I'm learning adulthood to some degree, and I'm FULLY enjoying the process. 

I made "new year goals" which are funnier and more successful this year than ever before. So far I've been on more hikes this year in the first two months than I did in all 12 months last year. I've successfully kept 2 room plants alive (for 3 weeks so far!). I've intentionally done some form of art work every week this year. I have stayed in a hotel with my girls just for fun, which has been a goal of mine for years now. I started a year Bible reading plan on January 1st with James, and have never loved a plan more. I created a budget plan at the beginning of this year and haven't over-spent once yet. I light a candle every morning reminding me that I'm called to be a light to the world. Some nights I say no to hang-outs (which is huge for me), and spend time at home. Every week I spend at least 30 minutes watching a game or a show with my grandparents, and now I actually discovered I love watching basketball. 

I realized that saying "no" to one thing is just saying a better "yes" to that which I actually want to say yes to. It's a learning curve, and it's absolutely freeing. 

So, here's to living intentionally.



thrift shop Christmas party

spontaneous 24 hour roadtrip to Seattle


my favorite people in the world

new years eve

welcoming 2015

we learned how to swing dance together

dates with her always end good - TREATS

hiking and laughing - two things I'm good at

I turned 20!

my girls and I know how to have a good time

room plants

Margot James is 2 weeks old

being a youth leader is the world's funnest job

still into those watercolors 


my Valentine's

the Valentine's day dinner party I threw

learning to love basketball with him 

my favorite man turned 17

sunsets are still my favorite

being and Auntie is the best

PTL for sisters

Goodnight.
Happy 2015!





Comments

Popular Posts